WEST BERGHOLT CRICKET CLUB
2. Guidelines for dealing with an incident/accident
3. First aid
West Bergholt Cricket Club has implemented procedures for dealing with any incident / accident whether minor or major.
2. GUIDELINES FOR DEALING WITH AN INCIDENT/ACCIDENT:
• Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of further injuries?
• Listen to what the injured person is saying.
• Alert the First Aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
• In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services.
• Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised.
• DO NOT move someone with major injuries. Wait for the Emergency Medics.
• Contact the injured person’s parent / carer.
• Complete an incident / accident report form.
If playing at West Bergholt the local Doctor’s Surgery is at:
The West Bergholt Surgery
2/3 Erle Havard Road,
Tel 01206 241137 (8.00 to 18.30 Monday to Friday)
Tel 01206 578070 (Emergency calls)
The nearest hospital with an Accident & Emergency Service is:
Colchester General Hospital,
Tel: 01206 747474
For maps and directions, click here – http://www.westbergholtcc.co.uk/location/default.aspx
In away games this information will be ascertained from the home team.
3. FIRST AID
The Club has arranged for the following people to qualify as First Aid appointed persons :-
>Trevor Rodgers (First Aider)
>Teri-Leigh Jones (Emergency Aider)